Monday, May 14, 2007

Day 39: More Progress on the Priliminaries


Early morning in Visegrad
Originally uploaded by -=Ninja=-.
Day 39 has been pretty slow. I had so many other deadlines!

Yes, when you see a photo of natural landscape, especially cool-atmosphere, majestic mountain to calm your soul down again, it is a sure sign I haven't made much literal progress on my dissertation! :-P

Anyway, I was glad I forced myself to do something on it to keep myself on a daily progress. And I did write more on the prelimiaries, which are the Hypothesis, the limitations, etc.

I hope to get it over with the intro chapter this week. And let's hope there will be no more mountain photos again for a while! :-P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not sure how your supervisor wants you to write a proposal/thesis but normally if you use qualitative research methods (semiotics included) there's no "hypothesis" section.

You have to write about your preconception that you brought into this study (world views, experiences re: this issue, hunches about the findings - sort of declare bias right at the outset) which is related to hypothesis but not in the same sense as null vs. alternative hypothesis of the positivists' tradition.

I mean, it's just a typical way of doing qualitative research but if the format of ramkamhang requires hypothesis section, it's not that big a deal either. Just make sure you don't do it when you are publishing it to international journals that's all ka.